If your field of professional interest focuses on working with data, the objective and area of concern of this company will be interesting to you.
It is an American company working on building modern tools to make civic data usable and actionable. Government entities, private companies, schools, and researchers rely on them to provide transparency, greater productivity, and agility in their operations through processed data available in various solutions and formats.
Today they are consolidating their team and looking for a DevOps Engineer
, who will work with the different company products. Its main Data Engineering tool, as well as a new technological platform, Forward, through which governments provide assistance to their communities, connecting businesses and individuals with national, state, and local resources in one place.
The person joining, will be able to:
- Give support to a growing microservice architecture.
- Implement, maintain, and improve continuous integration/continuous development (CI/CD) environments.
- Lead the development and documentation shared infrastructure component management strategy to provide consistent standardized container, OS, and application baselines for infrastructure components available through self-service.
- Build infrastructure as code that depends on repeatability to deliver resiliency, predictability and scalability at a competitive cost point.
- Troubleshooting systems and deployments
- Develop automation that would allow simplifying the operations of the environment being built and maintained.
In relation to the knowledge and experience for the role, we focus on a profile with:
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with troubleshooting in Networking and Linux.
- Experience in automation tools and some framework for CI / CD.
- Knowledge of at least one programming language. (Ex: Python, Ruby, Bash Scripting, among others).
- Experience with IaC (Terraform, CloudFormation).
- Knowledge of Database (SQL and NoSQL).
- Knowledge of any Cloud Platforms (AWS or GCP are desirable).
- Intermediate English skills.
- You take pride in building simple, effective solutions that improve engineering productivity.
- Experience with Distributed Monitoring tools .
- Experience with configuration management tools (Saltstack, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, etc.).
Conditions and contract
- 100% remote work
- USD Salary
- Unlimited PTO
- 1 Friday free a month
- Local holidays
- Quarterly reviews - Bonus